1. How is the movement of the leaves of the sensitive plant different from the
movement of a shoot towards light?
2. What are plant hormones?
4. How do Auxins promote the growth of a tendril around a support?
6. How does phototropism occur in plants?
7. How does chemical control & co-ordination occur in plants?
8. What is the need for a system of control & co-ordination in organisms?
9. How are involuntary actions and reflex actions different from each other?
10. Compare and contrast the nervous and hormonal mechanism for control & coordination
11. What are the differences between the manner in which movement takes place in a
sensitive plant and the movement in our legs?
12. How does chemical co-ordination take place in animals?
13. Why is the use of iodized salt advisable?
14. How does our body respond when the adrenaline hormone is secreted into the
15. Why are some patients of diabetes treated by giving injections of insulin?
1. Which are the systems involved in the control and co-ordination in animals?
2. Name the receptors of taste and smell.
3. What is a nerve impulse?
4. How does a nerve impulse travel through the body?
5. What is a synapse?
6. What happens at a synapse between two neurons?
7. What is reflex action? Give examples.
8. What is the difference between a reflex action and walking?
12. Which part of the brain maintains posture and equilibrium of the body?
13. Write the functions of the following parts:
14. Outline the reflex arc.
16. How do we detect the smell of agarbathi or incense stick?
17. What is the role of the brain in reflex action?
18. How are the brain and spinal cord protected?
19. What is the function of receptors in our body? Think of the situations where
receptors do not work properly. What problems are likely to occur?
20. How do animal muscles move?
21. Which signals gets disrupted in the case of a spinal cord injury?