For this speech you will select a topic to present. Informative speeches promote understanding of an idea or convey a body of related facts. I encourage choosing a topic that is interesting to you that will make researching fun and enjoyable. The objective for this speech is to create awareness of a subject, promote understanding, or convey a body of related acts.
BE CAREFUL Due to the nature of the topic, it can be easy to have a persuasive tone, which will negatively impact your grade. For example, if you choose Canada as your topic, your approach is to inform your audience about the country. You may include information regarding its establishment as a country, their history, government structure, significant events, political parties, economy and currency, etc. At no point do you want to persuade your audience to take action or shift their attitude/opinions. You simply want to inform and bring awareness.
Below are a couple of specific requirements for this assignment:
- Speech Theme: Countries around the world
- Choose 1 country for your speech (Other than U.S.)
Please find the speech outline template on this week’s module. ***ATTACHED***
- Title / topic
- Purpose statement
- Introduction / Attention Strategy
- Body I, II, III
- Transition statements
- Bibliography / works cited
Below are the formatting requirements:
- Review the outline example for guidance. Students must follow the format of the example and adhere to the instructions above
- Do not copy and paste from sources. Must be written in your voice and tone.
- Must include a bibliography / works cited page (minimum of 3 legitimate sources)*
*Wikipedia and other â€˜community sharedâ€™ information sites are not allowed. If you question the legitimacy of the source, donâ€™t use it.