Discussion: Analysis of the Complexity of a Negotiation (Individual)
No unread replies. 64 64 replies.
NOTE: This particular discussion is required of everyone, regardless of whether you attended the introductory zoom session on Aug. 27.
For this discussion forum, please submit a short initial analysis of one complex negotiation from your work/life or the media, using the concepts introduced in Unit 1 Lesson 1, considering the following questions:
- What is the domain of the negotiation (strategic, cross-cultural or intra-organizational, or some combination)?
- How many issues are involved?
- How many rounds?
- Who sets the rules?
- Who are the parties involved – both at the table and off the table?
- What is the structure of their interactions (e.g., coalitions at the table? Principals/agents? Other representation? Teams? Is there a third party facilitator involved)?
- What attitudinal issues affected the negotiations, or do you expect to affect the negotiations and how?
- Are there overlapping negotiations that are linked to this negotiation?
Your analysis should be succinct yet comprehensive, not exceeding 400 words. Please do not simply answer the questions, but write an integrated description of the negotiation. I will evaluate your contribution according to the Discussion Rubric.To view the rubric, click the 3 vertical dots icon near the title, then select Show Rubric.
After you have submitted your initial post, read what others have posted to get a sense of the diversity of negotiation situations we all face, and to read others’ analytical descriptions. Feel free to comment on others’ posts.
If you have additional ideas or topics related to this discussion that you want to continue, please use the Discussion Sidebar. This allows the graded discussion to remain relevant and on topic.
Be insightful – provide value – contribute to the learning community.
WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT