This assignment is your chance to show off what you learned and performed throughout the course. Revisiting the recorded negotiations you participated in through the course, select short video clips that demonstrate your effective use of negotiation skills as described below. We will have/record a Zoom class on Sept. 22 at 4 pm EDT to show you how to extract video clips and post them to a portfolio. In the portfolio, I expect you to provide a brief description of each clip’s context, label the skill you are demonstrating with the clip, and briefly explain why it is a good example of the specific skill you are demonstrating. If one short video clip covers more than one skill (this is likely), please be sure to make note of each of the skills you are demonstrating.
NOTE: This assignment will be much easier if you make note of/extract the clip immediately after each negotiation while it is still fresh in your mind! Please include no more than 30 minutes of video overall, and no more than 1200 words overall for this assignment. Here is a video that explains how to edit videos (first 36 minutes should be enough): https://psu.zoom.us/rec/share/bJJkY0IzE5TPeV1zwtRxGYpcixISIUZMatVLr0IVcMsMG8eMjf0OUm16xNGqhvYO.zSfehDWmW3Dtkh-n?startTime=1599768110000 (Links to an external site.).
Skills to demonstrate:
- Emotional Competency: Managing your own emotions and affecting others’ emotions in desired ways.
- Empathetic Listening: Using mirroring and labeling, expressing understanding of the other’s perspective
- Cultural Competency: Showing that you researched the other’s perspective/norms/behaviors and are being sensitive to cultural differences
- Finding Innovative Integrative Solutions (enlarging the pie)
- Collaborativeness and Coalition Building
- Anchoring the negotiations in your favor; Persuading others to your point of view
- Standing firm on your position and interests
- Obtaining a significant piece of the pie
- Playing hardball/Good cop/bad cop
Negotiation Process Skills
- Agenda-setting/issue definition; Ground rule definition
- Mediation (managing conflict, helping parties find agreement)
- Facilitation (ensuring all parties’ views are heard and considered; process management)
Anything else you wish to highlight.
WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT