Ed Catmull’s provides an “insider perspective” on the inner workings of Pixar in his article “How Pixar Fosters Collective Creativity.” In it interesting to pause and reflect on the characteristics of Pixar versus institutions which you have been a part of. We will now draw upon his perspective to progress our discussion of the organizational characteristics that influence the process of innovation (one of our major course objectives)
- Each team member should read the article “Pixar Fosters Collective Creativity” (Get from Harvard Business Review Coursepack (Links to an external site.))
- Hypothesize: Using Catmull’s Five Principles for Managing a Creative Organization, start off your initial post by evaluating how feasible it would be to implement his ideas at your current organization or an organization that you previously worked at. Provide examples to support your rationale.
- Extend the Discussion: In your reply posts, evaluate your peer’s initial post. How does their predictions of implementing the creative principles compare to yours? Highlight where you have common ground, but also dig deeper in learning more about the conditions of your colleague’s workplace.
- Please reply to at least two of your peers in addition to your initial post
- Replies should seek to extend the conversation further, adding new thoughts or ideas to expand everyone’s ability to learn more. Please avoid replies that simply agree or restate what the initial poster put.
- Initial post max is 300 words
- Initial posts are due by Friday 11:59pm
- Reply posts are due by Sunday evening (Monday 3 am)
WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT